Senior Governance Officer
Work with a highly desirable government office to help promote and preserve integrity in South Australian public administration. Our client based in the CBD, is looking for an experience Senior Governance Officer to provide risk management services to the organisation.
Play a critical role in ensuring good governance, accountability, integrity, and ethical decision making throughout public administration for the benefit of all South Australians. If you have a sound understanding of the principles of corporate governance and audit processes, as well as government record keeping requirements and maintenance this might be the role for you. This is a temporary 3-month full-time assignment.
- Provide a central point of contact to facilitate the establishment of an audit and risk management committee and a risk management and corporate governance audit and report
- Incorporate business impact assessments and identified business risks into a central risk register, identifying baseline and additional controls to complete a program of improvements
- Work closely with the Manager Business Services to develop risk registers and a central governance improvement plan
- Review and amalgamate approved policies, procedures and guidelines to develop a core suite of high level policies, procedures and guidelines
- Facilitate the establishment of an audit and risk management committee
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business, law, public policy or demonstrated equivalent experience
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain professional relationships and engage key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, organise workload, determine priorities, and use judgement and initiative to manage multiple tasks
- Experience in preparing, editing and formatting professional business documentation using clear and succinct expression
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.