Senior Governance Officer – Procurement
Work with a highly desirable government office to help promote and preserve integrity in South Australian public administration. Our client based in the CBD, is looking for an experience Senior Governance Officer to provide compliant governance and procurement services to the organisation.
Play a critical role in ensuring good governance, accountability, integrity, and ethical decision making throughout public administration for the benefit of all South Australians. If you have a sound understanding of the principles of corporate governance and procurement processes, as well as government record keeping requirements and maintenance this might be the role for you. This is a temporary 3-month full-time assignment.
- Develop compliant complex corporate and technology procurement documentation including making recommendations for executive review
- Prepare timely and accurate complex contract documents and management plans
- Give consideration to contract special terms and conditions where appropriate and review supplier questions and/or amendments to contracts
- Incorporate business impact assessments and identified business risks into a central risk register, identifying baseline and additional controls to complete a program of improvements
- Work closely with the Manager Business Services to develop risk registers and a central governance improvement plan
- Review and amalgamate approved policies, procedures and guidelines to develop a core suite of high-level policies, procedures and guidelines
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, business, law or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience in preparing, editing and formatting professional complex business documentation using clear and succinct expression
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and to make recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to proactively organise workload, determine priorities, manage competing deadlines and cope with high volumes of work
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain business relationships at all levels and with people from varied backgrounds
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.