Recruitment and Human Resources Officer
Careerlink People Solutions have partnered with a well-known South Australian government department to find their next Recruitment and Human Resources Officer. Based in the Adelaide CBD, this government department strongly values respect, collaboration, accountability, and above all, integrity.
Working as an integral member of this government department, you will coordinate the recruitment, selection, placement and induction, and separation processes, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders. You will also managing sensitive human resources processes, and be the first point of contact for recruitment, induction, and employee queries. Coordinating organisational workforce programs and proactive review and maintenance of the human resources policies will be key elements of the role.
- Develop and coordinate tailored and thorough recruitment plans and processes aligned with the relevant policies and procedures, to ensure an ethical and accountable workforce
- Participate in recruitment panels where appropriate
- Coordinate and provide guidance to approved selection panel participants to ensure recruitment plan timeframes are met and selections are made in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Liaise and communicate with candidates in a manner that promotes behaviours aligned to the values of the department
- Handle the induction and onboarding process including the coordination of the selection and placement of candidates, conducting security and integrity declarations, and reference checks, and preparing letters of offer and employment contracts
- Provide support and advice to the Manager Business Services to address queries relating to human resource management based on the departments policies
- Provide a human resource consulting service to employees in order to address their queries about contract terms and conditions and the departments human resources policies
- Contribute to organisational workforce programs designed to improve workplace culture, employee engagement, organisational performance, employee wellbeing, and advance diversity and inclusion outcomes
- Review the policy register to identify human resources policies and procedures requiring amendment, draft amendments, and coordinate the approval process
- Establish and maintain open and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in planning, policy, and decision-making processes, regularly reviewing and reporting information, and making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively contribute to strategic projects and participate in working groups and committees
Skills and Experience
- Accredited training in Human Resource Management or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage sensitive data within a corporate database and/or records management system to a high level of quality
- Proficient computer literacy using Microsoft Office
- Solid experience within human resources, specifically in recruiting across a variety of functions and levels
- Sound understanding of the principles of equal employment opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to organise workload, determine priorities, manage competing deadlines and high volumes of work
- Willingness to revisit work in order to achieve quality standards
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Desirable skills and experience include:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to develop credible business relationships and demonstrate effective influencing ability
This is an excellent opportunity to join a government department that promotes equality and strongly values respect, collaboration and integrity.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.