Careerlink People Solutions are looking for a Procurement Officer to support our client with their organisation’s COVID19 emergency procurements.
Our client is a respected pathology provider who is recognised for their high standards of medical testing and research.
Reporting to the Contracts and Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing activities across a range of goods and services to support our client in their COVID19 testing obligations. You will also ensure that procured goods and services meet the business requirements.
This is a temporary assignment and is being offered as a 6-month contract.
- Implementing procurement/category management strategies in conjunction with key business stakeholders, including the development and review of necessary procurement and contract management documentation
- Facilitating the evaluation and assessment of goods, services and minor works
- Evaluating offers and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and facilitating the timely execution of contracts
- Ensuring contracts are in keeping with legislative requirements and are legally binding
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders: Communicating with stakeholders and seeking feedback on procurement operations and services to ensure activities are conducted in accordance with applicable policies, guidelines etc.
- Supporting other team members and undertaking other duties as necessary to meet team objectives. Contributing to a work ethos that focuses on the achievement of identified program/service outcome
Skills and Experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide sound advice and prepare reports and briefings
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster trust and cooperation, and a proven ability to work effectively and with integrity within a highly pressurised and politically sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet critical deadlines to deliver business outcomes
- Experience working with others in a multi-disciplinary team environment to achieve successful outcomes
- Experience in the procurement of goods and services, including detailed tendering processes, within a major corporation or the public sector
- Experience successfully negotiating with suppliers, service contractors and senior management to achieve desired outcomes within established guidelines
Experience in the procurement of goods and services and/or conducting tendering processes within a health-related field, or other technical environment
Familiarity with detailed procurements for complex subject matter or technical/ equipment/service areas
Knowledge of the principles, practices and Government policies associated with procurement of Government assets
Understanding of health sector services and activities
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation, apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.