Mechanic / Fitter
Careerlink People Solutions are searching for a Mechanic / Fitter to join a global leader in the design, engineering, and production of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. Based in Pooraka, our client provides the Australian Defence Force with leading edge military vehicles including the Australian Light Armoured Vehicle and M1A1 Main Battle Tank.
This role will be responsible for providing a high level of workmanship in the repair and maintenance of Military Heavy Vehicle Driveline components and for ensuring that the workload demand is completed within the designated timeframe and to quality and safety standards. This is a contract role providing project support until the end of the year.
- Conduct work in accordance with approved maintenance and repair instructions and workshop procedures
- Repairs – disassemble and re-assemble sub-assemblies in accordance with detailed instructions contained in routings and technical drawings
- Assist with streamlining processes within the department for continual improvement
- Complete all quality documentation in accordance with production inspection record sheet and routing as directed, to maintain repair traceability
- Ensure accuracy with all survey, inspection and rebuild documentation associated with work undertaken
- Ensure the proper use of support and test equipment and that adequate materials are available and maintained for tasks, and are kept in good working order
- Maintain safe work practices
Skills and Experience
- Trade qualifications in Mechanics, Vehicle Mechanic, or Fitter/Turner disciplines
- Demonstrated experience working with Heavy Vehicles/Machinery
- Ability to read drawings/routings and instructions
- Experience in disassembly, inspection & assessment, rebuild & testing activities on heavy vehicles 14T GMV and above
- Good numeracy and literacy skills with an excellent aptitude for problem solving with a focus on safety
- A willingness to perform associated tasks related to the work
- Must be eligible for an Australian Security Clearance
- Must be able to attend medical assessments as required to ascertain ability to adequately perform all duties
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation with a rewarding, supportive and flexible work environment, with a commitment to training, development, and diversity.
- Competitive benefits
- Attractive 9-day fortnight
- Ongoing training & development
- Modern office accommodation with free parking
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.