Manager – Audit and Assurance
Careerlink People Solutions are thrilled to partner with a top-tier accounting and advisory firm, offering an exhilarating opening for a dynamic individual to become a part of a seasoned and synergistic team. Embrace a role where the inclusive culture and authentic emphasis on work-life balance ensures you feel consistently supported.
Our client champions a growth-focused approach, placing high value on its personnel. Here, your progress is not only encouraged but also recognised and celebrated.
Join the dynamic Audit and Assurance team, where they are seeking a professional with 2-3 years of established experience in management to embrace this full-time role.
As a key player in a supportive team setting, you’ll immerse yourself in a diverse range of industries, building strong partnerships with some of South Australia’s most prestigious businesses. This role offers more than just employment; it presents a prime opportunity to broaden your perspectives and elevate your career.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team to oversee and execute audit, accounting, and budgeting initiatives aligned with our clients’ strategic objectives
- Play a critical role in the development and implementation of innovative budgeting, accounting, and financial policies
- Create and present comprehensive financial statements and reports, tailored for board/shareholder meetings, facilitating informed decision-making
- Conduct in-depth analysis of income and expenditure reports, generating actionable insights to drive clients’ financial success
- Leverage state-of-the-art accounting systems to support clients and enhance their financial operations
- Engage in the meticulous preparation of business valuations, aiding clients in making informed investment decisions
- Lead due diligence assignments, ensuring comprehensive analysis and risk assessment on various projects
- Mentor and supervise team members, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment
- Review and refine work outputs from senior team members and accountants, ensuring completeness and accuracy before final submission
- Proactively plan and manage project timelines to meet and exceed clients’ expectations
- Uphold the highest standards of engagement management, guaranteeing optimal performance in all aspects
- Develop and communicate realistic budgets for assigned projects, guiding team members towards efficient and effective execution
- Closely monitor project progress, ensuring adherence to both time and budgetary guidelines
- Prepare and adjust project fees prudently, facilitating open discussions with the team and addressing discrepancies proactively with Directors
- Facilitate constructive feedback sessions with Directors, promoting continuous improvement and individual growth within the team
- Foster a motivational work environment, encouraging staff to align their efforts towards shared organisational goals
- Evaluate and address the training needs of your team, promoting continual learning and development
- Coordinate with the Training Committee to identify and recommend beneficial training courses, fostering a culture of excellence and growth
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Accounting or a similar discipline
- Currently working towards or completed CA / CAP qualification is desirable
- Preferred 1-2 years of proven experience in a management role
- Prior experience in a professional services setting is held in high esteem
- Proficiency in using software such as Xero, MYOB, Excel, QuickBooks, APS, and MS Office is considered a significant asset
Benefits and Culture
- Genuine work life balance
- Accelerated career progression through dedicated trainers, formal learning programs and mentoring
- Work with high-profile national and international clients
- Competitive salary
- Inclusive and collaborative culture
- Wellness program
- Regular social events
- Community involvement and volunteer opportunities
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job posted: 23/01/2024