Careerlink People Solutions are seeking an experienced Legal Secretary for a temporary role based within the Adelaide CBD, requiring an immediate start.
You will hit the ground running and join a well-known organisation where professional development and a collaborative team environment is paramount.
Based in the Adelaide CBD, we are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to provide timely and professional secretarial and administrative support to the lawyers on a day to day basis.
This role is being offered as a temporary full-time role, working Monday to Friday, with the occasional need to work outside of business hours.
- Provide timely and professional secretarial and administrative support to the lawyers on a day to day basis
- Handle telephone and email enquiries in a courteous and effective manner for lawyers, taking the necessary action according to commission procedures and requirement of each lawyer
- Undertake tasks in relation to the opening and closing of files to ensure paperwork is completed and entered into the system in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the maintenance of statistical records for various requirements
- Collate documents and prepare briefs for in-house lawyers as required
- Complete documentation from notes provided by legal staff and/or from proforma templates
- Use of the file management system to enter data to open files and prepare documentation for lawyers as required
- Work in a team environment, fostering sound working relationships
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Perform effectively, prioritising workloads with competing deadlines to achieve the required outcomes
Skills and Experience
- MUST have previous experience working as a Legal Secretary in a busy office
- A working understanding of confidentiality with an ability to be discreet in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- An enthusiastic, conscientious, and flexible approach to work
- Experience in the formatting and presentation of documents across multiple systems
- An ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence whilst working towards competing deadlines
- Previous experience using file management systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer and IT skills, with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Adobe
- MUST have a valid current National Police Clearance and current DCSI Child Related Clearance
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known organisation, which allows you to contribute through the work that you do, but that also allows you to be a part of something bigger.
- Work as part of a diverse workforce
- Excellent work life balance
- Brilliant team culture
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.