Group Manager – Supply Chain
Careerlink People Solution have partnered with a leading manufacturing company that has seven manufacturing locations and numerous sales offices across 17 countries.
Our client is looking for an experienced Group Supply Chain Manager to lead and maintain service to the internal and external stakeholders.
Working with the General Manager – Supply Chain, the Group Manager will drive continuous improvement of the demand, capacity and inventory management practices and system utilisation across the group supply chain function.
The position is required to develop strong stakeholder relationships across the business and provide a proactive and supportive supply chain experience to support the groups growth agenda.
- Lead, inspire and maintain a highly engaged and accountable planning team
- Accountable for maintaining service metrics and communicating actions to close the gap in process and accountability
- Accountable for consistent planning rules across both sales and operational domains
- Transparent assumptions regarding inventory for service and stock replenishment. Communicate signification changes for service and impact on inventory
- Drive and lead operational S&OP monthly process
- Identify capacity constraints and opportunities across the group and support consistent loads across all operations
- Driving continuous improvement in company stocking policies, including inventory management practices to drive the correct business outcome
- Generating, reviewing, and validating sales forecasts with sales team member or customers directly
- Ensuring that all sales stock items have appropriate planning and data forecasts
- Ensuring that demand is quickly and accurately related from customer to plan with minimal intervention
- Working collaboratively with sales and operations stakeholders to provide proactive planning and project support
- Leading best practice system utilization for the group supply chain team, including auto data updates and auto date maintenance
- Partnering with IT and Group business enablement teams to drive process improvement and efficiency improvements for group supply chain
- Expanding and improving group supply chain systems and methodology globally
- Displaying positive leadership to the team and providing coaching and support
- Working with sales businesses to manage inventory levels to budgets
- Driving aged stock reduction and inventory turns increase agenda
- Proactively managing supply gaps, shortfalls, and transitions
- Manage execution of strategic projects
- Previous experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or comparable environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop people
- Interpersonal skills which are inclusive and encourage the development, cooperation, and support of others and which emphasize and encourage a professional service delivery focus
- High levels of professional credibility and personal integrity that builds stakeholder engagement and trust
- Proven ability to analyse operational systems and process to support continuous improvement and drive innovation
- Results orientated, goal driven, and outcome focused
- Excellent problem-solving ability including use of sound judgement
- Strong engagement and collaboration skills at all levels of the business with the ability to influence outcomes
- Excellent commercial acumen and insight
- Plans effectively and takes accountability for delivering on expectations
- Highly developed project management skills which underpin the timely development of strategies, projects and programs and assist in cross function collaboration
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain and Logistics / Business / Commerce / Project Management is highly regarded
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation with growth and transformation, please apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.