Executive Assistant to the General Manager
Careerlink People Solutions have partnered with a well-known and highly regarded South Australian company. Working in Adelaide’s CBD, we are seeking someone with immediate availability for a full-time role. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of applying for permanent later.
Supporting the General Manager of Strategy and Innovation, this role provides high level administrative based activity that assists the GM in driving the team’s performance towards newly created strategy. This role will also be key in liaising with multiple stakeholders to contribute effectively to team goals, champion customer-led thinking across the business and proactively manage the General Managers schedule, prioritising activities based upon importance and impact to the business and coordinating internal requests for time and information to minimise interruptions.
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and the team by providing input into decision making and problem solving
- Develop a consistent and effective administrative process procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflows and reporting procedures
- Monitor workflow, prioritise work and manage competing deadlines, facilitating team responses and screen calls and emails to reduce interruption to the General Manager
- Be an effective ‘liaison’ for all internal/external stakeholders for the General Manager, including management of correspondence and responding to enquiries
- Act decisively on matters requiring immediate attention and decision from General Manager, the Senior Leadership Team and staff
- Prepare and manage written communication correspondence including agendas, recording minutes and actions, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Reconcile invoices, credit card statements and travel expenses
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level executive assistant support services to a senior executive
- Ability to communicate (both verbally and written) and relate to people at all levels
- Exceptional organisational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems and develop and implement appropriate solutions using initiative, autonomy, authority, and judgement
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and evaluate administrative performance, develop, and implement strategies for process improvement, and readily adapt to changing practices and systems
- General knowledge of Corporation/Government policies and procedures e.g. travel directions
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that is passionate about their people. An organisation that not only allows you to contribute through the work that you do, but it also allows you to be a part of something bigger.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.