Careerlink People Solutions have partnered with a cutting-edge technology company to find their next DevOps Engineer. Operating globally, this Adelaide based company has seen high growth in their field and are now looking to expand their team.
As a DevOps engineer, you will participate in the design, creation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of scalable infrastructure. You will help improve development and deployment processes for various software teams, and the reliability and visibility (monitoring / metrics) of deployed services.
This is a self-directed role where you will receive requirements from the software teams, but also identify areas of improvement and infrastructural requirements for upcoming work.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining and improving a reliable, robust technology infrastructure that delivers the company’s products in a responsive and cost-effective manner.
- Supporting development teams by managing cloud infrastructure and local development tooling
- Managing development environments – improving build processes and consistency
- Understanding & improving cloud scale, limits, services & security
- Database administration, reliability + backup process
- Helping implement robust logging and metrics/reporting for deployed applications
- Building scalable and reliable infrastructure
- Contribute to the budgetary requirement definition for assigned product area, develop functional specifications, and create project plans
- Working autonomously and defining own milestones in conjunction with the Technology Manager
- Determining application responsiveness for consumers
- Act as a technical consultant on project development/production health, new techniques, and the implementation of new processes
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protections
- Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs
- Willingness to learn and ability to quickly understand new concepts and able to interact with all levels of technical and business teams
- Contribute to and maintain a high-quality codebase with good software principals and tests
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Managing cloud infrastructure and security
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Relational database reliability and understanding scalability / points of failure / backup procedure
- Experience writing code in a team environment:
- Engaging in code reviews
- Testing (integration/unit)
- Web & Networking knowledge
- High level understanding of client server communication
- Network boundaries
- Load balancing
- Security groups
- Proficiency and understanding of program execution in some major language
- Exception handling
- Type systems
- AWS experience
- Linux/Unix command line
- Desirable: ISO/IEC 27000 family knowledge or experience, Kubernetes
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative organisation that is passionate about their people.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.