Contact Centre Customer Service Officer
Careerlink People Solutions have partnered with a well-known South Australian government department to find their next Contact Centre Customer Service Officer. Our client is passionate about helping all South Australians in a professional and timely manner.
Join a team where professionalism and diversity are paramount. If you are driven by providing high level customer service and have the ability to take prompt action in solving problems, this may be the role for you. This is a short-term, temporary contract, requiring full-time hours and located in Adelaide’s CBD.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Manager Contact Centre, you will be undertaking inbound and outbound contact and administrative processes as required, while also providing accurate, responsive, and timely client services.
- Respond to client enquiries from the tenant and the general public providing both incoming and outbound services
- Maintain and undertake high level quality client service provision and administrative activities associated with client service programs
- Provide culturally appropriate communication including efficient telephone and email services to all customers and colleagues
- Respond to enquiries, including providing information about eligibility, policy and arranging appointments as required. Discuss outstanding debt arrangements with clients and enter an agreed repayment plan, within guidelines
- Maintain and provide advice that is compliant with the policy and procedural guidelines
- Accurately record system data including details of all contact pertaining to tenants and clients
- Work collaboratively to develop effective working relationships with peers, staff, and stakeholders in order to deliver quality and timely communications and service
- Provide a responsive level of client service enabling stakeholders to meet their business needs
- Contribute to the establishment of processes to gather feedback from clients that contribute to ongoing improvements
- Participate in team meetings and development opportunities
- Participate in team rotation
- Share information and provide advice and support to other office and regional staff
- Participate in projects that contribute to the development and review relevant continuous improvement activities
- Work independently and in a team environment in a spirit of cooperation
- Participate in Business Continuity Planning activities
- Adhere to corporate responsibility and safe working practices as well as maintaining a professional manner
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a customer service and/or contact centre role
- Strong administration skills
- Demonstrated ability to take prompt action to solve problems, act on own judgement without prompting and go beyond job requirements to achieve objectives
- Experience working with clients with complex needs or in crisis situations and responding appropriately to difficult situations involving conflict
- Ability to interact with computer systems efficiently and adapt to changes in technology and/or systems when they occur
- Must complete a National Police Clearance
- Must complete a DHS Screening Working with Children Check
This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing organisation that is passionate and about their people and helping the South Australian community.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.