Chief Executive Officer
Careerlink People Solutions have partnered with one of South Australia’s most recognisable institutions, REISA.
The Real Estate Institute of South Australia was founded in 1919 and is the peak body representing over 2,000 real estate professionals across South Australia. It has been the authority in the property industry, providing a united voice for real estate practitioners, while offering members valued services and a prestigious awards program.
REISA is about to embark on an exciting journey of evolution and requires a strong and visionary leader who can combine the organisation’s legacy with innovation, creating a modern REISA for the future.
The Chief Executive Officer will explore new products and services for REISA’s valued members. They will unite the real estate industry and create a strong community that’s collaborative, engaged, and trusted.
This is an exciting opportunity to transform an organisation, influence outcomes, and make a positive impact across the real estate industry. The CEO will build a network of key leaders who are shaping the way we live in South Australia.
- Leadership & Management
- Position REISA appropriately in various collaborative partnerships with other entities, including Australian State and Federal Government agencies
- Develop strategic options for further consideration by the Board and regularly review the agreed plan for risks and opportunities
- Develop, in collaboration with the management team, operational plans for the functioning of REISA in accordance with the agreed strategy and keep these plans under ongoing review
- Supervise the planning and direction of REISA investments and critical projects to ensure effective linkage with the issues and emerging opportunities of real estate businesses, and to regularly evaluate these by value and impact
- Ensure that a customer centric culture exists to drive a member value proposition agenda at REISA, supported by rigorous assessment and project evaluation systems
- Actively oversee REISA people strategy and its application through high quality management practices, and the recruitment and retention of highly engaged, qualified and appropriately experienced staff
- Instil a commercial culture which is transparent and striving for continuous improvement where staff share learnings and successes
- Actively encourage career development opportunities for all staff
- Ensure that the management team is effective and that communication across the organisation is effective and timely
- Oversee the development of program and budget submissions for approval by the Board
- Ensure that the REISA Annual Report and all requisite statutory reports to its members and regulators are prepared on time
- Inform the Chair of the Board about all matters of consequence that relate to REISA
- Exemplify the institutional values (highest professional standards, openness, and fairness) through visible leadership behaviours
- External Relations
- Lead and actively oversee the REISA relationship with all relevant Ministers and Government Agencies
- Ensure REISA has an appropriately high profile within the State and that REISA receives appropriate attribution for all activities that it supports
- Effectively represent REISA interests through appropriate engagement in State debates and developments
- Fiduciary Duties
- Ensure compliance and a strong governance framework exists to support accountability including the understanding and application of risk management practices as part of decision-making
- Ensure that annual operational expenditures occur within the overall framework of the Board-approved Annual Operating Plan and Budget
- Board Duties
- Participate in Board meetings as CEO
- Provide reports to the Board
- Ensure that the Board is supported in its role through an effective Secretariat and quality management reporting
- Implement the policies, guidelines, and directions determined by the Board
For a confidential discussion, please contact Anna Pak Poy or Nicola Stelfox at Careerlink People Solutions, or upload a copy of your CV application.