Careerlink People Solutions have partnered with a leading, Adelaide based manufacturing company with representatives in 17 countries.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, the Account Manager will be responsible for the professional and proactive development of current client accounts whilst also sourcing and building new business for the organisation.
Working autonomously, this position is being offered as a remote, work from home/on the road role.
The successful candidate will uphold the company’s reputation for delivering on the promise of quality, service, and efficiency to their customers, both internal and external.
- Achieve or exceed sales budgets and gross margin budgets for relevant sales areas
- Deliver business growth opportunities through understanding and exceeding customer and budgetary requirements
- Identify and close opportunities for new business by providing innovative and responsive product solutions
- Identify, qualify, and sell to relevant customers and prospects, focusing on product/market applications consistent with Company guidelines
- Develop and maintain close contact with relevant customer companies, ensure good business relationships between both parties, and promote a positive image of the Company’s brand
- Recommend and implement selling tactics that will ensure that Company supply share is maintained and improved at relevant customers
- Ensure supply proposals or quotations are presented to customers and prospects in an appropriately creative and professional manner and consistent with Company sales guidelines
- Maintain an awareness of movements and developments within all industries (and competitors) associated with the Company’s products
- Liaise with customers, Production, Supply Chain, Warehousing and Marketing personnel to ensure smooth supply continuity, negotiating best compromise where necessary
- Collect, collate and disseminate information to the Manager in relation to competitor activity, market information, market trends and product development
- Ensure full utilisation of CRM as executional aid and management tool across the territory/group of customers
- Create Account Plans and conduct regular reviews against objectives for strategic customers agreed with National Sales Manager Distributors
- Timely and accurate completion of all reporting as requested by the National Sales Manager Distributors
Skills and Experience
- Current Driver’s License essential
- Experience in sales and/or business development in FMCG, foodservice, or packaging industries
- Effectively prioritises and focuses sales resources to generate and close business opportunities
- Capable negotiator and natural ability to identify opportunities close sales
- Willing to make tough decisions which are consistent with business objectives, demonstrating the courage to back own judgment
- Plans effectively and takes accountability for delivering on expectations
- Highly developed computer and data management skills
- Passion for delivering results, and personal accountability for performance
- An ability to maintain focus when managing competing demands
- Previous experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, preferably Salesforce
This is an exciting opportunity for a customer focused, collaborative, engaging and driven individual to excel in an organization that promotes independence and drive to achieve outstanding results. Offering a supportive and fun working environment with long term career opportunities.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry, apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.