Account Manager-Regional Accounts
Make your mark working for a sustainably driven and independent, family-owned South Australian company.
This role is based in Brisbane or Sydney with regular interstate travel across Queensland and New South Wales.
Our client values innovation and forward-thinking to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly products. They are market leaders within their field, with a focus on quality and consistency across all their products and services.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Account Manager will provide focused account management and new business development to regional accounts for the company. Drawing on the company’s core competencies, product range and value-added services to promote growth. You will be strategic in new business identification to ensure high margin profitable sales are an outcome.
- Meet and achieve sales and margin budgets and targets
- Drive margin growth via the sale of the company’s manufactured products
- Focus and promote the sales growth for the company
- Ensure effective implementation of business development for QLD and NSW with a view to increase market share
- Solicit and maintain favourable contacts with current and potential accounts
- Recommend solutions to problems encountered in preparation to account contracts and concludes negotiations with customers
- Promptly responding to queries, and appropriately capturing customer activity and contacts
- Initiate and execute cost improvement programs for customers
- Provide excellent customer service and enhance relationships with existing customers both internal and external as well as identify opportunities for increased range and volume
- Increase customer base and market share via trade shows, gift fairs and direct marketing
- Maintain an electronic database of all customer contacts and activities
- Comply with company policy in respect to the disposal of all excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory and monitor stock status to avoid stock out positions
- Keep current on competitor, product, and market conditions
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement with products and business processes
- Prepare tenders covering preliminary designs and prices for custom print business
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent account management and selling skills
- Ability to plan effectively and take accountability for delivering on expectations
- Strong ability to form strong partnerships with South Australian customers and across the business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working a manufacturing or retail environment would be desirable
- Attractive salary package including bonus and company car
If you have the skills and experience to excel in this position and you are looking to join an exciting organisation within a growing industry apply now. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.